Saturday, June 6, 2009

Annika Overload

Brad has officially been home from Iraq for a week and a day. He has had reintegration in the morning, but afternoons he has been free to spend with us. On Thursday was the big welcome home ceremony and mini-carnival with free food and little rides. Annika yawned through the ultra-slow merry-go-round and looked slightly panicked when Brad took her on the bumper cars. Block leave started on Friday, but we don't really have any big plans. We just want to be home together, and Brad wants to get to know his daughter. They are great pals already. Annika loves being outside and lately she just stands at our front door waving "bye-bye" and hitting the door to let us know she wants to get out. So, we do. We jabbered at the monkeys at the zoo, we explored a forest, we picked daisies in a field, and we go to the park almost everyday. Now that there are two of us home, I can take pictures while Brad plays with Anni. I am loving it! Here are just a few shots of our overly photographed little girl.

redeployment_0125fixweb


She just ran and ran down this little dirt road as fast as she could go.

redeployment_0129skyweb


I love her pursed lips and concentrated face. She is a girl with her own ideas these days.

redeployment_0130enrichweb


Brad (aka Mr. Amazing) took this picture of Annika the other day when we were exploring one of the forests around Baumholder. It captures her perfectly -- finding something new and exciting, and then wanting to share.

forest_0280web


This last one I took when Annika and I visited Rothenburg in May with my Mom. I was playing with some new textures and opened up this picture to try them out. My brown-eyed girl.

rothenburg1_2400web


That finishes up your Annika fix for the day. Hope you enjoyed it!

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! She looks like such a big girl! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures. Annika is so cute and you take such good pictures, I love it. I also really want to take Lexi to that field of wild flowers now. Those pictures of Annika in it are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait I ttoally posted a comment and it's not on here. That so wierd. It was a huge long thing. Oh well... basically, I said your kid is too adorable and you rock at photography!! I love the little jean skirt AND that last pic her eyes are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THEM!! I miss my niece, I am totally booking a photoshoot when you come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are such a beautiful photographer, I wish you were around here I would love to get Emma and Tye. and Brad we are so glad you are home! I'll bet Annika warmed up to you in a second. They always like the dads since they are around us boring moms all day. I can't get over how amazing all these pictures are, you have such a talent!

    ReplyDelete