Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Break from the Rain

I am sitting at my computer now while the rain pours down outside. We spent the last two days in Rothenburg where it rained, and we drove home in the pouring rain, and it is still coming down. Don't get me wrong, I  do kind of enjoy the rain, and we had a great time in Rothenburg, but I am really feeling the need for some sunshine. So,  I am posting some sunny photos. 

On Saturday Annika hung out with her Oma all day while I competed in Baumholder's Iron Spouse Challenge. We had a great time, enjoyed a little bit of sunshine, and took second place! After the awards ceremony I decided Annika needed some time to play in the sun too, and so we stopped by a park for a little bit. Despite the bad weather, it is spring, and dandelions are everywhere. Annika loves picking flowers, and she loves trying to blow the dandelion seeds and watching them float away. She also tried to eat an entire dandelion head of seeds, but she didn't enjoy it very much. In fact, she choked and gagged on it and I had to try to fish them all out of her mouth. 

Still, she's getting the hang of it and as we watched all the seeds blow into the sun, it felt like summer might be on its way. 


dandelions_0039web

dandelions_0041web

dandelions_0047web

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous pictures! Thanks for sharing! What was the contest about that you took 2nd in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love it!! She is so adorable. I really need an Anni fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie!!! Hope to see you all soon! Missing you guys....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! send me some more pictures of your trips with mom, would you. I want to see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete