Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sunny Easter Sunday

The weather here has been incredible lately! It is amazing how happy I can feel just because the sun is out. Whenever I think about the way the sun changes my emotions I am reminded of how Christ taught us that he is the light of the world. Light has an incredible capacity to not only physically support life on this earth, but to change the way I think and feel as well. When it is bright and sunny outside I feel happier, I am more motivated, and I have more energy. So, how appropriate that this Easter sunday was bright and sunny, to remind me that Jesus Christ, the light of the world, changes my life physically, emotionally, and spiritually everyday. It reminded me that just like sunlight allows everything on planet earth to live, Christ died and was resurrected that we might live not only in this life, but again in the life to come. I am so grateful.

After church on Sunday, we headed out with our best friends to take pictures and hunt for Easter eggs. Annika is not very good at looking for eggs. She is pretty content once she has one in each hand, and she doesn't like the idea of me taking them and putting them in a basket. Still, it was fun to just play in the sun and in the grass.

I have really been struggling to get good pictures of Annika lately. She is obsessed with my camera in that she always wants to hold it and push all the buttons. When I won't let her play with it, she gives me the stink eye and refuses to cooperate. I am going to try to take her one year pictures this week, so wish me luck with the little stinker!

easter_1373web

easter_1367web

easter_1423web


Annika stole Ryan's easter basket, which was ok by me since it was much cuter than her own. According to Annika, it was cute enough to wear as a hat.

easter_1429web

easter_1426web


Maybe someday she'll let me take a picture and she will actually smile for me...

easter_1362web

1 comment: