Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teething + Photoshoot = Bad

The date had been on my calendar for two weeks. Britteny cleared her calendar so that she could go with me and keep Annika happy. I picked out four different outfits, I deliberated on the perfect location, and I charged my camera batteries. I was going to do a full-blown photoshoot and get some really good one-year pictures of Annika. The only thing missing was a happy and cooperative baby. By about 9:00 in the morning I knew it wasn't going to be good. She had cried all morning and she had only been up for half an hour before she was rubbing her eyes. She slept most of the day and cried a good majority of the time she was awake. The poor girl was finally cutting her top front teeth, but she had chosen the worst day to do it. I decided to haul her out anyway, to see if I could get at least a few pictures before rain replaced our beautiful weather. This is what happens when you try to take a tired, cranky, teething baby out for pictures:

annika1_1551web


Poor, poor Annika. I did actually manage to get a couple of good pictures. Here is one of my favorites. I love that she is trying to give me the flower that she picked. She probably ate it after I took the picture. She loves eating flowers.

annika1_1522web


Luckily Lexi tagged along with Britteny and let me take this picture after Annika had completely melted down.

annika1_1556web


So, if any of you book a session and the day of the pictures your child decides to cut teeth, or get sick, or wake up all night long and completely falls apart, then just know that I understand how you feel and I would be happy to reschedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment